honey is another great natural ingredient for your skin. i have done honey facials and it left my skin looking and feeling great. here are a list of some of the ways it is helpful to your skin:
- honey has anti-microbial properties and is know to treat minor irritations and sun burns
- it is a good substance that should be used in moisturizers, creams and other beauty products as honey has the ability to retain water
- it works well with alpha hydroxy acids- it helps soothe the skin against an abrasive treatment
- apply equal parts of honey and milk and leave for 20 min, you will notice a glow on your skin
- honey fights against any kind of skin damage and ageing as it has antioxidant properties
- it also helps to fight against the damage caused by sun UV rays
side note: honey is also a good antiseptic, so if you do happen to pop a pimple, putting a dab of honey on it will heal it quicker and it will not look so bad. lemon juice will do this too, but honey is less painful.
i would love to try the milk and honey treatment, but since i don’t have the honey i used before for facials, and me nor my mom like honey to eat so we don’t keep it in the house, not to mention i am a broke college student, i might not be trying this for a while. hope i can though.